What must I do when someone dies?
Dear Sister, Brother in Christ,
Please accept the most sincere sympathies of the entire community of St. Luke’s Parish. We grieve your loss and we assure you that we will hold you and your loved one in our prayers.
To support you during your bereavement may we offer the following suggestions:
- At your request, we will pray for the person at all Sunday Masses immediately following notification of his / her death.
- You can offer a Parish Mass intention or enroll the person in our “Saint Luke Memorial Society” by contacting the parish office.
- If you wish, the priest will go to the funeral home at least once to meet the family and offer prayers for your deceased loved one.
- We will help you to plan the funeral Mass allowing for the participation of family and friends. We will suggest and help you to choose prayers, scripture passages and music for the occasion. The family or estate will be responsible for directly remunerating the singer and the musicians.
- For the funeral Mass and related services there is a fee of $525. If this amount is beyond your means, we are open to accommodating you.
Please do not hesitate to call us. May you find true comfort in Jesus and his promises. He is faithful and merciful. May he shower you with his love and his grace.
Fr. Bertrand Montpetit, Pastor
Saint Luke’s Parish
106A Anselme-Lavigne, Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC H9A 1N8
E-mail: Web Site: www.st-luke.ca