Youth Ministry continues to be a vibrant and significant part of the focus at St. Luke. The community's investment in the young people (both adult and adolescent) is one of the many important reasons for the vitality of the parish as a whole. The Youth Ministry Team aims to serve youth between the ages of 11 and 30.
Groups falling under the umbrella of Youth Ministry at St. Luke include:
- Extreme Youth Group (11 - 17 + years) / Extreme Youth Camp (annual event): They meet Saturday evenings from 6:30pm to 8:30pm in the parish hall. Our goal is to help young people deepen their faith, strengthen bonds with other young Catholics and offer an opportunity to meet on a regular basis.
Bilingual Registration form for Extreme Youth Camp
- ME to WE Team: Focusing on social justice issues around the world and in our own community, the ME to WE Team is for youth aged 12-20 with the goal of growing leadership skills to help create positive change in the community and the world. With help from the ME to WE programming, we learn about challenges that communities all around the world are facing, and we strive to make a difference by raising awareness and funds.
- Children's Choir (14 ans et +)
- Children's Choir ("Up! - Ultimate Praise" - 6 years +)
- Street Hockey league (Saturday - 10:00 to 11:30 am October to May)
- Children's Liturgy Instructors / Faith First Catechists
- Altar Servers (also falls under Liturgy Council)
- Passion Play (Good Friday annual event)
- Christmas Baskets (annual event)
There is a strong link to the Faith Education Office and many activities are run in conjunction with that team in order to facilitate the transition for youngsters in the Faith First Program to the Youth Ministry activities available.